[smc-discuss] Let's fight for Net Neutrality before it becomes necessary. E-Mail the TRAI now.

akshay akshay at autistici.org
Tue Apr 21 08:34:07 PDT 2015

To my knowledge, this is an official position of Wikimedia foundation
and it has been criticized within Wikipedia.

I had a conversation with @jimmy_wales itself
https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/590423143036096513 . I was,
against my own wishes, forced to argue against free access to world's
knowledge. Because as far as I see, this is not the right way to do it.
I feel so bad now. Why does Jimmy Wales take this position? I guess he'd
even kill to give free access to Wikipedia.

And, he said "Meanwhile you have no credible plan for getting data to
the poorest". What he essentially says is that Internet.org is the only
way for data to reach the poorest. Shouldn't we change this situation?

I'd love to be able to prove him wrong. That his plan was stupid, and
that we don't need Facebook's help in getting Internet to the poorest.

I have a new life mission then.