[smc-discuss] Fwd: Jessie Release Date: 2015-04-25

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Sun Apr 26 22:23:34 PDT 2015

On Sunday 26 April 2015 02:48 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Friday 10 April 2015 03:23 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
>> I think we can use the rc images and using jigdo to update when final
>> release comes will need only small download. Or those updates are also
>> easily available from repos. I don't think a few days old is really that
>> much a problem.
>
> those who have the rc3 image can update it to 8.0 release iso from here
> https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
>
> use mount -o loop to mount the rc3 iso file in /media/cdrom
>
> mount -o loop rc3-iso /media/cdrom
>
> jigdo-lite 8.0.jigdo
>
> using jigdo is faster than iso downloads (jigdo makes use of worldwide
> mirrors).

Those who need non-free firmware, usually to get wifi working, can get
unofficial images with non-free firmware from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

When you buy a new laptop, make sure you choose A-platinum rated laptop
from h-node.org If your current model is not listed there, it would be a
good idea to test and add it to h-node now.