[smc-discuss] Fwd: Jessie Release Date: 2015-04-25

Mohammed Sadik P. K. sadiq at sadiqpk.org
Thu Apr 9 04:53:06 PDT 2015

As release parties are the best places to get help on installations, I
think its better
to delay release parties at least one day by the actual release.
And so, we may be able to arrange Debian GNU/Linux installation sessions too.

If we look the timestamps of the installation image files[1], we can
see that much of  those
are not released with any schedule. I think that's in UTC, and here,
we are at +5:30.

Hopefully, even when everything goes right (No more Release Critical bugs), and
Debian GNU/Linux releases in time, we may not be able to help new users
to get their systems up with the new Debian.

Delaying a day (26th April, Sunday) for a release party might be good.

[1] http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/