[smc-discuss] Fwd: Jessie Release Date: 2015-04-25

Mohammed Sadik P. K. sadiq at sadiqpk.org
Fri Apr 10 04:31:23 PDT 2015

On 4/10/15, Pirate Praveen <praveen at onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

> I think we can use the rc images and using jigdo to update when final
> release comes will need only small download. Or those updates are also
> easily available from repos. I don't think a few days old is really that
> much a problem.

 Actually, we can expect that there shall be no change from 18th
April. The weekly image
that shall be released on 20th April shall be enough in any case.

At the same time, I wish the new users not to be feared by saying about
jigdo, and such tools, which shall be seldom used by them later.

Also, many people has "Latest Software Syndrome," which makes them always
think that latest the best, and the weekly  and RC images are just buggy.
(Of course, we should expect  the presence of
new people that have no exposure to GNU/Linux, ever)

Anyway, its just my suggestion.
Thanks for understanding.