[smc-discuss] Funds crunch blurs his vision for computer programmers

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Thu Dec 3 01:16:57 PST 2015

Funds crunch blurs his vision for computer programmers

Regarded as a hero of India’s free software movement by none other than Richard Stallman, Mumbai’s blind computer programmer Krushnakant Mane is currently knocking on the doors for funds to promote his course dedicated to develop more IT professionals from visually-challenged students.

“Computer programming needs ideas and not eyes. I am not looking for sympathy because I am blind. I am seeking technology for everyone, which includes the blind community as well,” Mr. Mane told The Hindu .

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mumbai/news/funds-crunch-blurs-his-vision-for-computer-programmers/article7943869.ece?ref=tpnews

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lab-for-digital-freedom-foss-training-development#/

Can you support this campaign?

#gnukhata #FreeSoftware #India #foss