[smc-discuss] GCompris translation

Anish A aneesh.nl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 10:04:37 PDT 2015

> Hey folks,
>
> I met the GCompris [1] maintainer Bruno Coudoin here at Akademy.
> GCompris used to be translated when it was part of Gnome, but they
> moved to KDE umbrella recently and Malayalam translations are at 0%.
> Is anyone interested in translating and maintaining this excellent
> educational software?

It was already translated much in leadership of IT at school. It was
years ago though. I had reviewed their full translations, added much
translations and (I think) committed to gnome itself.

> If community offers to maintain translations and voice recordings (of
> letters, colours, words etc) long term with high quality, the
> maintainer is offering a semi-pro microphone for recording purpose.

I don't use gcompris. That's the blockage for me to contributing.
Perhaps IT at School teachers and students can take this. I am happy to
review those and suggest changes. VHSS Irimpanam students had
contributed much to this. I can help on providing trainings to those
who wish to contribute.

--
Regards,
Anish Sheela

സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം തന്നെയമൃതം സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം തന്നെ ജീവിതം
പാരതന്ത്ര്യം മാനികള്‍ക്ക് മൃതിയെക്കാള്‍ ഭയാനകം
- മഹാകവി കുമാരനാശാന്‍