[smc-discuss] diaspora installer test request

Dhananjay Balan mb.dhananjay at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:17:25 PDT 2015

On 1 May 2015 at 23:37, Pirate Praveen <praveen at onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
> On Friday 01 May 2015 11:26 PM, Dhananjay Balan wrote:
>> On 1 May 2015 at 22:32, Pirate Praveen <praveen at onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
>>> It seems a path issue,
>>>
>>> it should be /usr/bin/bundle, I will fix it.
>
> Can you removed your cached deb file and try reinstalling? (since it is
> not a proper released version, I didn't update version number)
>
>>> Can you remove /usr/share/diaspora/bin and make a symlink to /usr/bin
>>>
>>> rm -rf /usr/share/diaspora/bin
>>> ln -s /usr/bin /usr/share/diaspora
>>>
>> That seems to have done the trick. Can access page and register accounts
now.

> Can you share a screenshot of your stream? Can you see the search box?

I could, tested on a VM and destroyed it after the test. So screenshotting
is not possible.

I tried to do this again yesterday evening India time, but installer failed
- here are the logs

https://paste.debian.net/170984/

>> Some more nitpicking
>> 1. Unicorn listens on system wide global socket.
>>

> 3000, right?
>
> What do you suggest as a solution?

Either bind to localhost or use a unix socket.

Binding to localhost will make sure nginx/https in the only way to access
diaspora from external world, unix socket will give you that plus you won't
loose a port in the system.

--
Dhananjay