[smc-discuss] diaspora installer test request

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Wed May 6 01:50:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 06 May 2015 11:34 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2015 10:54 PM, Dhananjay Balan wrote:
>> 1. Had to build the packages from repo to install yesterday - since
>> link to RC was removed from github. It worked, attached screenshots.
>
> Great! So even the issue of blank top bar is gone! Awesome! Thanks a lot
> for testing!
>
>> 2. Tried to re-install from repo today, but failed. logs here[1] -
>> this is most probably re-install error since I dont see any change in
>> repo.
>
> line 100 shows it can't find
> /usr/lib/diaspora-common/scripts/set-env-nginx.sh
>
> Not sure why. diaspora-common needs to be configured properly. Try
> cleaning up everything and starting over.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora#Re_installing_the_package
>
>> 3. About binding to localhost, the absoulte diff needed is this [2] -
>> but not sure how to integrate this into the pacakge in clean way.
>
> You can use quilt to integrate the change as patch file
> https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt

Well, this would be possible on the diaspora package, not the installer.
Can you ask upstream to make that change? at least when mode is
production, if not for other modes.

Can you test diaspora package as well?
https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora#Diaspora_Package_Testing

(which has all dependencies as deb packages)