[smc-discuss] diaspora installer test request

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Fri May 1 10:02:01 PDT 2015

[adding back list]

On Friday 01 May 2015 08:54 PM, Dhananjay Balan wrote:
> Don't want to spam ML.

More people can participate in the list, and that is the purpose of a
discuss list as opposed to an announce list.

> 0. dist name, component name for repo was wrong (fixed in wiki)

thanks

> 1. Certificates needed to be generated after d-i is installed
> (/etc/diaspora/ssl)

that can be solved only when we will have letsencrypt.org active or make
self signed certificate automatic. Durga Prasad was working on that,
anyone interested in this can work with him. It is just automating some
shell commands.

> 2. diaspora (unicorn/sidekiq etc) did not start
>
> This is from logs
> /usr/share/diaspora# cat log/startscript.log
> bin/bundle:3:in `load': cannot load such file --
> /usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/bundler-1.7.4/bin/bundle
> (LoadError)
>     from bin/bundle:3:in `<main>'
> FATAL: Couldn't parse config/diaspora.yml!
> bin/bundle:3:in `load': cannot load such file --
> /usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/bundler-1.7.4/bin/bundle
> (LoadError)
>     from bin/bundle:3:in `<main>'
> FATAL: Couldn't parse config/diaspora.yml!
> bin/bundle:3:in `load': cannot load such file --
> /usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/bundler-1.7.4/bin/bundle
> (LoadError)
>     from bin/bundle:3:in `<main>'
> FATAL: Couldn't parse config/diaspora.yml!

It seems a path issue,

it should be /usr/bin/bundle, I will fix it.

Can you remove /usr/share/diaspora/bin and make a symlink to /usr/bin

rm -rf /usr/share/diaspora/bin
ln -s /usr/bin /usr/share/diaspora

and retry starting?