[smc-discuss] diaspora installer test request

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Tue May 5 23:04:20 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 05 May 2015 10:54 PM, Dhananjay Balan wrote:
> 1. Had to build the packages from repo to install yesterday - since
> link to RC was removed from github. It worked, attached screenshots.

Great! So even the issue of blank top bar is gone! Awesome! Thanks a lot
for testing!

> 2. Tried to re-install from repo today, but failed. logs here[1] -
> this is most probably re-install error since I dont see any change in
> repo.

line 100 shows it can't find
/usr/lib/diaspora-common/scripts/set-env-nginx.sh

Not sure why. diaspora-common needs to be configured properly. Try
cleaning up everything and starting over.

https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora#Re_installing_the_package

> 3. About binding to localhost, the absoulte diff needed is this [2] -
> but not sure how to integrate this into the pacakge in clean way.

You can use quilt to integrate the change as patch file
https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt