[smc-discuss] how to enable typing in malayalam in debian 8 with gnome

Tanzeem M.B tanzeem.mb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 03:43:50 PDT 2015

i found that locales were missing
so i installed locales

*sudo apt-get install locales
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales*

I also installed new input source for malayalam, malayalam
insrcipt-m17n,malayalam (lalitha),
malayalm(mozhi m17n), malayalam(swanalekha m17n).

I selected one of the input sources and tried to type in malayalam in
LibreOffice using the unicode fonts I installed such as

meera,suruma,anjali old lipi, dyuthi,kalyani.But i still only get
english when i type.

-With Thanks & Regards

Tanzeem M.B
System Administrator