[smc-discuss] Help needed for Malayalam translations

Jarkko Ahonen jarkko.ahonen at jolla.com
Wed Nov 16 05:32:28 PST 2016

നമസ്തെ!
My name is Jarkko Ahonen and I am working for Jolla Ltd, a Finnish mobile phone company. We have our own, independent OS called Sailfish based on GNU/Linux (which is not Android). We have been working together with Intex which released the phone Aqua Fish using our OS in India.
We have quite a few languages in our language portfolio, including 9 Indian languages. Currently our translations are done by our community members. We have received help for several from various community members in India (including Mozilla) for different languages, but a some of them still need love -- including Malayalam. We got this mailing list address from Raju Vindane, many thanks to him!
So we are looking for help with the Malayalam translations for our OS for the strings in the upcoming updates. You can find more information on the whole process and e.g. on how to become a coordinator / translator here: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Translate_the_OS
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
This is how the OS looks like with Indian theme translated to Malayalam: http://i.imgur.com/VPT5qYj.png

Thank you in advance for your help!

നന്ദി!

Regards,