[smc-discuss] Debian Jessie - LibreOffice doesn't start

Akshay S Dinesh asdofindia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 05:09:01 PDT 2016

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 at 13:24 Balasankar C <balasankarc at autistici.org> wrote:

> On 9 October 2016 12:21:05 PM IST, Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hai,
>

> >I have a problem.
>

> >When tried to start LibreOffice from Gnome Menu It doesn't start.
>
> >When I tried to start it from terminal, it doesn't show any error
>
> >message,
>
> >but doesn't start.
>

> >But as root user, it starts and works very well.
>

> >I removed ~.config/libreoffice
>
> >but the problem persists.
>

> >I tried $sudo chmod -R +r ~/.config
>
> >still the problem persists.
>

> Additional info: Libreoffice worked when HOME variable was set to a
> world-readable-writeable location, like /tmp. So, home directory tends to
> play a role in the issue. My guess was Home directory contained some stuff
> that was not owned by user. But a recursive chown didn't solve it.

Don't know if this helps, but on my computer,

~ find /home/user/.config/libreoffice -maxdepth 2 -type d -ls
 23036898      4 drwxr-xr-x   3  user      user          4096 Apr  2  2016
.config/libreoffice
 23036906      4 drwx------   4  user      user          4096 Oct  9 17:30
.config/libreoffice/4
 23044155      4 drwxr-xr-x   2  user      user          4096 Apr  4  2016
.config/libreoffice/4/cache
 23036907      4 drwxr-xr-x  13  user      user          4096 Oct  9 17:30
.config/libreoffice/4/user