[smc-discuss] [x-post] Unified Payment Interface and Free Software

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Sat Sep 3 02:07:07 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was excited to hear about UPI making payments easier (for my crowd
funding projects like running poddery.com). But it turns out a Google
Play Only thing. And surprisingly, none of the online banking sites
support UPI. I wonder if its just a case of optimizing resources or
something else. We are going back to the days of needing Windows to run
a particular software.

But it seems we can easily make a Free Software app and publish it on
Fdroid. Who is interested in crowd funding such an app? Who is
interested in coding part?

We can also try asking banks and other UPI apps to publish their apps on
Fdroid.

Cheers
Praveen