[smc-discuss] പദകോശം

Hrishi hrishi.kb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 03:04:38 PDT 2017

Hello,

As akshay mentioned. This is to build a corpus in the structured format,
using school kids as the workforce.  It is an experimental project, we can
only comment about the quality of the corpus after a trial run.
The project is not complete yet. Please checkout the code, and if you know
python and(or) django, feel free to help

regards

On 14 April 2017 at 11:19, Akshay S Dinesh <asdofindia at gmail.com> wrote:

> വിഷു ആശംസകള്‍.
>
> I've been seeing activity on https://gitlab.com/smc/padakosham repository
> for some time now. I believe the list needs to know what's going on.
>
> The description says "This is an effort to build a detailed Malayalam -
> Malayalam dictionary with the help of school students. This project will
> act as a stepping stone for the school students to the field of Malayalam
> computing"
>
> Then there's the readme:
> "IT at school is starting IT Clubs in schools all across Kerala. One of the
> major activities being planned is building a Malayalam - Malayalam
> dictionary (which may be extended to a multi-lingual dictionary in the
> future). This project is designed to pique the interest of students in
> software products while also being a useful project for the general public.
> This would be an ideal project to build a data-rich, crowd-source
> dictionary and, if executed properly, this could act as a cornerstone for
> other Malayalam computing applications. "
>
> To that, there was a hackathon on 25th-26th March and this padakosham app
> was built.
>
> It's deployed to https://dictionary.smc.org.in/ and according to my mom
> who's an IT teacher getting trained by IT at school now, some students were
> taught to add words to it before vacation started and the rest of the
> students will start adding words after vacation ends and schools reopen.
>
> I believe Hrishi or someone else can give more details.
>
> Akshay

---
Regards,
Hrishi | Stultus