[smc-discuss] Bridging telegram to matrix/riot

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Tue May 16 21:37:31 PDT 2017

Hi,

I strongly encourage all of you using telegram to bridge it to matrix, so you unlock your group members to use any matrix app of their choice and matrix service provider of their choice.

Instructions here:
http://keralagram.in/bridging-telegram-riot/

As for WhatsApp, the best way is to leave, as they don't allow any kind of bridging and you are forcing everyone to get locked in WhatsApp.

You might be laughing when Windows users are affected by WannaCry without considering the fact that WhatsApp is proprietary, you have no clue about its intentional or non intentional backdoors. For telegram, you get to use Free Software app ensuring encryption works in case of choosing that option. But still you are at the mercy of a single company, who can go bankrupt or facebook could buy them.

If you already on matrix, I recommend you use that in bridged rooms. This is a bridge for people unfamiliar, reluctant to use matrix.