[smc-discuss] Malayalam Annotated Corpus released

Ashik aashiks at aashiks.in
Mon Apr 16 02:26:22 PDT 2018

manoj k <manojkmohanme03107 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hey Check this National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy – Government
> of India
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Data_Sharing_and_Accessibility_Policy_%E2%80%93_Government_of_India>
>
> Government have strong policy for open data. Please go ahead with
> (Government Open Data License - India)
>
> Here is the Gazette_Notification_OGDL
> https://data.gov.in/sites/default/files/Gazette_Notification_OGDL.pdf

I know of this license, but it applies by default to data published via
Open Government Data platform only. The document does mention that it
applies to data generated from government funding, but it also mentions
caveats (exemptions). i.e) unless it is published via OGD platform or it
specifies the license, it is not a good idea to assume anything. This is
my understanding.

--
aashiks