[smc-discuss] Be a pioneer – delete Facebook

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:50:05 PDT 2018

> >For this, we need to finish Mailing list Movement, Newsletter
> >subscription
> >ready  as a prerequisite
> >
> >We are not Elon Musk, Jim Carry and Steve Vozniac. There is no reason
> >for
> >leaving hard earned audience interested in work overtime with volunteer
> >efforts. we need to move them along with us
>
> I was contrasting those who are not talking about politics of technology
> and those who are supposed to be a group of people with people's rights in
> their main agenda.

We are a community made with volunteer efforts. every volunteer effort for
reachout is valuable to us. building audience for a reachout channel is a
major work. There is no reason to cut it suddenly without a proper
migration plan.

Technology choices are political decisions. It can be done in personal
level suddenly. But as a community org, any such decision need to respect
efforts by volunteers and need to be ensure it will move people along with
us. I hate the way anybody introducing a centralized decision to initiate a
principle based "disruption" without a solid user migration process.

The action agenda is

1. Build support channels and news letter (This needs more volunteers)
2. Announce the migration from FB to other support channels with a
timeframe
3. Decide on what turnout we will be considering as a successful migration
and measure it
4. Finish the migration.

Anivar