[smc-discuss] Malayalam Annotated Corpus released

manoj k manojkmohanme03107 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 01:37:50 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Ashik <aashiks at aashiks.in> wrote:

> Pirate Praveen <praveen at onenetbeyond.org> writes:
>
> >> I do nt have any idea about the legality of this licence. It is an
> >> outcome of Govt funded project.
> >> I think you do not worry much about it.
> >> It was funded by Deity. So they have the ownership ultimately.
> >
> > Hi Jahfar,
> >
> > You can try to convince them to release it under a Free Software license.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Praveen
> >

> Licensing is a problem. If the license is unclear, any work that we base
> off off this is going to be wasteful. So far, the government has had a
> primitive stance on licensing. Unless this is licensed under some form
> of free as in freedom license, I find it worthless as a community
> asset. I am not going to touch it with a long pole, and I caution
> against the dangers of assuming that we don't have to worry much.

Hey Check this National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy – Government
of India
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Data_Sharing_and_Accessibility_Policy_%E2%80%93_Government_of_India>

Government have strong policy for open data. Please go ahead with
(Government Open Data License - India)

Here is the Gazette_Notification_OGDL
https://data.gov.in/sites/default/files/Gazette_Notification_OGDL.pdf