[smc-discuss] Hi, I would like to know whether there any named entity corpus for Malayalam exists?

fennecfox at openmailbox.org fennecfox at openmailbox.org
Sun Mar 25 22:27:40 PDT 2018

Hi, I would like to know whether there any named entity corpus for Malayalam exists? I was unable to find anything in Malayalam. I'm thinking about doing a project to generate one such corpus. If any project that's already going on, I could contribute to that. I have gone through this paper http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/U08-1016 which aims to collect NER data from Wikipedia. What will be the practical complexity for Malayalam NER, does Malayalam Wikipedia have enough tags in it? Can someone help?