[smc-discuss] Named Entity extraction from WikiData

fennecfox at openmailbox.org fennecfox at openmailbox.org
Tue May 15 05:46:46 PDT 2018

Hi, as I have mentioned in a previous discussion, I have started working on a basic automated Named Entity Extraction tool for WikiData. Can you share if you know something like this already exists or some tools that can be used to achieve this? It's not necessary to do redundant work right?  I have searched for data dump for Malayalam but its not available I think. Currently, I am planning to retrieve entity ID for each URL in a Wikipedia article and tag the word accordingly. Do you have a better Idea than this? may be techniques using Wikimedia API? or SPARQL? Please help.