[smc-discuss] Public statement by Rachana Institute of Typography

Ashik aashiks at aashiks.in
Wed Dec 11 03:49:06 PST 2019

Akshay S Dinesh <asdofindia at gmail.com> writes:

> Our response has been published here:
>
> https://blog.smc.org.in/font-licensing-response-to-rit/

Following up on this, I think we should show faith and do what we said about inviting RIT to be an institutional contributor.

We should invite RIT to maintain Rachana, Meera, Uroob and Keraleeyam since these are primarily designed by Hussain mash and according to our own principles, the font designer decides how the font should be maintained and worked on.

>From what I understood, Hussain mash has a certain focus on what a font should be and we should help achieve that vision in all ways we can, starting by extending this invitation.

Can we do this as soon as possible, to show our commitment ?

Regards,
Ashik