[smc-discuss] Task force : Investigating RITs public statementn

Ashik aashiks at aashiks.in
Tue Nov 26 22:46:40 PST 2019

Hello all,

I called for the following people to join me to investigate and
recommend actions on the public statement issues by RIT.

1. Joice
2. Aboobacker
3. Akshay
4. Balu
5. Anoop P
6. Praveen (thank you !)

I wish to have the entire process documented transparently and
discussions (other than personal bits, since we are friends too) to
happen in the list.

To start off, we first have to verify the claims related to copyright
and attributions being made.

I have created 3 issues in our issue tracker to track it.

- Missing copyright information [1].
- Reviewing claims regarding attribution for test cases [2].
- Reviewing claims regarding attribution for build script [3].

Please read through, add references and comment on these issues. This is
the first step that we have to take.

NOTE : Since the list is public and the statement we are investigating is in
English, I recommend that we keep all discussions on this issue in this
thread and in English.

1. https://gitlab.com/smc/fonts/rachana/issues/12
2. https://gitlab.com/smc/fonts/rachana/issues/13
3. https://gitlab.com/smc/fonts/chilanka/issues/9