[smc-discuss] Listing of free fonts

Nandakumar Edamana nandakumar at nandakumar.co.in
Tue Nov 26 23:29:48 PST 2019

On 27/11/19 12:40 PM, Anivar Aravind wrote:
> Can you initiate and maintain this in wiki?
>  It will be good to mention, support coverage,  Foundry, last updated
> date,  Known issues if any (eg. Kalyani font by SMC is retired, Raghu
> Malayalam does not have GPL Font exception)
Yes.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the details to be included. But I
don't think it'll be wise to hardcode the wiki page if all these details
are to be included. I thought about automation, but then the page will
become non-wiki-like (no direct editing).

This is what I'm thinking now:

Start with a simple page. For SMC fonts, just link to smc.org.in/fonts.
Just list and link to the free fonts by others. We can develop a
sophisticated system in parallel, and switch to it when it is mature.

Any more suggestions?

--
Nandakumar Edamana
https://nandakumar.org

GPG Key: https://nandakumar.org/contact/gpgkey.asc
GPG Key Fingerprint: BA6B 8FDE 644F F861 B638  3E2F 45D6 05FC 646A F75D