[smc-discuss] Task force : Investigating RITs public statementn

aashiks aashiks at aashiks.in
Wed Nov 27 04:05:10 PST 2019

We

On November 27, 2019 7:35:53 AM UTC, Hrishi <hrishi.kb at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Nov, 2019, 12:32 PM Anivar Aravind,
><anivar.aravind at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> https://gitlab.com/smc/fonts/chilanka/issues/9#note_250951595
>>
>> There is a code of conduct violation raised by Santhosh here. It
>reads
>> "SMC has a code of conduct(https://smc.org.in/code-of-conduct.html).
>In
>> general, it is a principle to criticise code and not people, avoid
>judging
>> people based on technical decisions. Even if such criticism exist,
>> communicate in person, in project forums. Calling my technical
>decision
>> immoral, illegal, hypocritical after 4 years of that decision,
>without any
>> enquiry, in public forum is a clear violation of code of conduct in
>my
>> opinion. I leave that to rest of the community. No contributor in SMC
>> should face such threats for contributing."
>>
>> This is the first code of conduct violation reported in our
>community. I
>> think This needs separate attention and resolution separately
>>

>I hope that this taskforce will be addressing these as well.

Yes we will.  But I think we have to solve the existing strife first.

Praveen, could you comment on the Gitlab issues on Rachana that I linked in the previous email ? I would like your expertise as someone familiar with the domain.

--
Sent from my Android device with Librem Mail. Please excuse my brevity.