[smc-discuss] Fwd: Urgent Request : Endorsement on Representation against Mandatory Use of Aarogya Setu for Workers

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Thu Apr 30 05:21:52 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:54 pm, Nandakumar Edamana
<nandakumar at nandakumar.co.in> wrote:
> I always speak against making the use of any app or mobile devices
> mandatory, regardless of their privacy/freedom status. I haven't
> tried Aarogya Setu nor read its privacy policy, so I can say nothing
> about it in special. However, if SMC takes a stand against it after
> verifying the allegations, I wouldn't say it's a bad move. Could
> someone please share any links that would make cross-checking
> possible? Has anybody in this list tried Arogya Setu?

You can read sflc India's analysis here
https://sflc.in/our-analysis-aarogya-setus-updatedprivacy-policy

> Also, what about the data collection by state govts? What are they
> using? What is the privacy/freedom status of those apps/services?

There was blog post on smc blog ->
https://blog.smc.org.in/sass-or-foss/ and a statement by FSCI ->
https://fsci.in/statements/sprinklr-controversy-kerala-response/ on the
recent controversy about using sprinklr in Kerala.