[smc-discuss] Fwd: MiniDebConf India 2021: Call for Proposals

Subin Siby subins2000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:32:31 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
അയച്ചയാൾ: Ambady Anand S <ambadyanands at disroot.org>
Date: 2020 ഡിസം 10, വ്യാഴം 10:15 PM
Subject: MiniDebConf India 2021: Call for Proposals
To: <debian-dug-in at lists.debian.org>

Dear Debianites,

The MiniDebConf India Content team would like to call for proposals for the
MiniDebConf India 2021 conference[1], which will take place online, from
January 23rd to 24th, 2021.

# Introduction
MiniDebConf India, organised by the Debian India community and supported by
Debian, will be streamed online so you can participate wherever you are.
Aims to introduce and propagate Debian and Free Software in Indian
subcontinent.

We are currently set up for talks in English, Hindi and Malayalam. However,
if you are more comfortable presenting in another language from the
subcontinent we would be more than happy to consider your proposal!

The event will run from 1000 to 2100 hours IST (0430-1530 UTC) over two
days.

# Submitting an Event
You can now submit an event proposal[2]. Events are not limited to
traditional presentations or informal sessions (BoFs): we welcome
submissions of tutorials, performances, art installations, debates, or any
other format of event that you think would be of interest to the Debian
community.

Regular sessions may either be 20 or 45 minutes long (including time for
questions), other kinds of sessions (workshops, demos, lightning talks, …)
could have different durations. Please choose the most suitable duration
for your session and explain any special requests.

In order to submit a talk, you will need to create an account on the site.
We suggest that Debian Salsa account holders (including DDs and DMs) use
their Salsa login when creating an account. However, this isn’t necessary
as you can sign up with an e-mail address and password.

# Timeline
- Talk Submission deadline: Sunday, January 10th 2021
- Acceptance notification: Monday, January 11th 2021

# Topics
- Anything that is relevant to Debian and Free Software.

# Online Talks
We expect speakers to pre-record their talks in advance. Live talks at an
online conference are prone to technical problems, resulting in bad quality
videos. We strongly encourage you to record your presentations as
instructed here[3]. You can interact with the audience on the IRC channel.

# Code of Conduct
The event is covered by a Code of Conduct[4] designed to ensure everyone’s
safety and comfort. The code applies to all attendees, including speakers,
and to the content of all presentations. Do not hesitate to contact us at
india.mini at debconf.org if you have any questions or are unsure about
certain content you’d like to present.

# Video Coverage
As this is an online conference, talks will be streamed live over the
Internet. Unless speakers opt-out, all scheduled talks will be recorded and
published later under the DebConf license[5] (MIT/Expat), as well as
presentation slides and papers whenever available.

Please note that, although we will make your wishes known to the
participants, we cannot control whether attendees record and publish your
talk from the live stream.

# Questions/Queries
In case of any queries or issues that require redressal, reach out to the
organizers at india.mini at debconf.org

See you all at the conference!

MiniDebConf India Team

[1] https://in2021.mini.debconf.org