[smc-discuss] ICFOSS director is asking for help from community to help draft guidelines for funding

Kannan kannan at disroot.org
Sun Jul 19 12:42:34 PDT 2020

Draft for summary of the meetup and response can be seen at
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/d1F994iO++GmxFrYhym8OKgQ/ .

Participants of the meetup can update the summary before July 21st,
after that it can be commented in the Codema post at
https://codema.in/d/VAEbKIoJ.

On 2020-07-19 15:13, Kannan wrote:

> Previous meeting has audio issues, please join
> https://meet.jit.si/ICFOSSResponseMeet
>
> On 2020-07-19 13:40, Kannan wrote:
>> Reminder for today's meetup to discuss responses to ICFOSS's requests to
>> Free Software Communities.
>>
>> Meetup will start on 3pm Sunday at https://meet.fsci.in/ICFOSSResponseMeet
>>
>> On 2020-07-15 23:13, Kannan V M wrote:
>>> On July 15th evening 7pm, the new ICFOSS director Sabarish K had a discussion on the concerns about ICFOSS presented by Free Software communities. The responses by ICFOSS Director are collected by Akshay and are given here (https://pad.disroot.org/p/ICFOSS_New_Director_Response_To_Old_Points).
>>>
>>> Concluding the discussion, director has requested us the following
>>>
>>> 1.) Volunteers for framing a guideline and criteria for funding
>>> 2.) Proposals from member groups for developing 2 Open fonts not fontforged variants
>>> 3.) Contribution of case studies for impact of Libre software in Kerala
>>> 4.) List of Communities and their Nomanclature
>>> 5.) List of Captains representatives for inclusion in the board for project/event selection and fellow selection.