[smc-discuss] Position in ICFOSS

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Tue Jul 13 08:33:10 PDT 2021

It was initially thought of a collaborative effort with the community with members from Free Software communities part of the advisory committee, but there was no meeting of this committee, it remained on paper. Also initially people understand the community was in charge, but eventually it became just another govt institution with people who have no idea or connection with the community taking charge. I think the political commitment to Free Software also got lost somewhere.

On 2021, ജൂലൈ 13 8:35:21 PM IST, Akshay S Dinesh <akshay at learnlearn.in> wrote:
>It might be useful to also document why and how this idea failed - for
>people who come up with the same idea again.
>
>Akshay
>
>13-Jul-2021 20:17:40 Pirate Praveen <praveen at onenetbeyond.org>:
>
>> FSCI has released a position statement on ICFOSS after all our effort
>to collaborate with them failed.
>>
>> https://fsci.in/blog/we-do-not-support-icfoss/
>>
>> I think SMC should sign this letter and/or publish it on our blog as
>well.
>>
>> I think we have a moral obligation to inform the public that this is
>waste of our tax money and the Free Software community is not finding
>it is providing any value now as it deviated from its initial goals and
>the good days of the past.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Praveen
>> --