[Student-projects] [Attention Selected Students] IRC Meeting tonight at 9.00 PM IST( 15:30:00 UTC)

abhineet agarwal agarwal.abhi93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 05:59:42 PDT 2014

Hello SMC,

I am Abhineet Agarwal, currently a 4th year (B.tech in CSE + MS in
computational science) undergraduate at IIIT Hyderabad. I am super excited
to begin with SMC this summers.

Previously , project related, I have added Emoticons support for diaspora .
More details can be found here :
https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/pull/4860

My project is Adding Language filter for Diaspora. Diaspora is a social
networking platform . It has features which enables its users to follow
their interests but it doesn’t have any language filter i.e users being
able to post on languages which are recognized and tagged accordingly. A
user who is acquainted to certain language will also not want posts from
other languages to show up on his wall. This project is about enabling this
feature and allow user to view translated posts.

Looking forward to meet everyone and have a broader discussion at 9 pm.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Hrishi <hrishi.kb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all congratulations to all the students who got selected for GSoC.
> Lets have an irc meeting in #smc-project channel on freenode. please come
> to the channel at 9.00 pm IST. ( 15:30:00 UTC)
>
> Also please reply to this mail with the following details, so that others
> who didn't saw your proposal can have a basic info about you and your
> project
>

>    - Self Introduction
>

>    - Links to the previous works done by you (if any)
>

>    - Brief intro about your project.
>

>    -
>

> Hope to see you in irc at 9.00 pm
>

> --