[Student-projects] GSoC Update : FirefoxOS KeyboardIME Up and Running

Tim Chien timdream at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 5 01:06:25 PDT 2014

Praveen, great work!

I have little idea on the remote debugger problem. The App Manager
only removes the debugger view when the app is killed. Are you on a
build with debugging certified app enabled? If so you can also debug
System app and see if the iframe in <div id="keyboards"> is removed.

If it's removed, it means the App Manager behaves correctly as the app
is killed (and we should proceed to find out why). If the iframe is
there but the debugger is gone, we should file a bug on App Manager to
find out why from the team.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Praveen Sridhar <prvn431 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Link to Blog post :
> http://psbots.blogspot.in/2014/06/firefox-os-keyboardime-up-and-running.html
>
> Github : https://github.com/psbots/firefoxos.ime
>

> Since there is no "standard" mobile-specific layout for Indic keyboards,
> I've experimented a bit with the keys. Please give your suggestions on
> correcting the layout.
>
> Tim and Rudy, I'm facing problems with the remote debugger popping out of
> view repeatedly. Please advise on setting it up correctly.

Tim Guan-tin Chien, Engineering Manager and Front-end Lead, Firefox
OS, Mozilla Corp. (Taiwan)