[Student-projects] Blog update

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 00:17:03 PDT 2014

On Sunday, June 15, 2014, Kevin Martin Jose <youcancallmekevin at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Thanks for the link. I could not get it running due to this :
>
> kevin at zeus ~/Development/spellcheck-experiment $ python test.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test.py", line 2, in <module>
>     import hunspell
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inithunspell)
> kevin at zeus ~/Development/spellcheck-experiment $
>

> I have libhunspell-1.3.0, libhunspell-dev and python-hunspell installed.

Well, this you need to debug yourself. Can be related to python version,
the way installed hunspell and its python bindings etc.

But the dic and aff files can be used directly with hunspell commandline
utility. Read hunspell manual. The files in that repo is mostly about
spellchecking. But huspell has the capability to work as a stemmer using
the same definitions. Follow the links in the notes given the same repo.

Santhosh