[Student-projects] Ibus-Sharada-Braille Blog Update

Hrishi hrishi.kb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 03:40:41 PDT 2014

Hello Samuel,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Samuel Thibault <
samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> I'm afraid this is for a big part my fault.  I have been a mentor in
> GSoC under various umbrellas with various conventions, and I didn't
> really check what the conventions were for the SMC, and we have thus
> essentially interacted directly.  I'm really sorry about that.  AIUI,
> the IRC channel is #smc-project on freenode?  I'm "youpi" there.

No no, there are no mistakes from your side , I want to apologize if my
mail conveyed a wrong message. That was a direct reply to Nalin. It is an
organizational requirement that every student must regularly update the
project progress to the community. It was already mentioned in the student
application template (
http://wiki.smc.org.in/SoC/2014/application-template#Other_requirements )
and was directly communicated to the students.  all other students except
Nalin were updating regularly on the list. we tried to reach him through IM
messages and there were no response and at last we had to contact him
offline. that is why I responded to his mail.

> Yes, we discussed about the best way to integrate the braille input
> module into existing and future desktops. ibus is definitely the right
> way for such a thing, as of now it already works with all of qt, gtk and
> other applications supporting xim.

Its perfectly fine to change the idea after discussing with mentors, but
its duty of  student to convey it to the community for which he is doing
project. It looks like my mail gave a wrong impression on change of idea,
what we really wanted was we were informed about the changes, either
through blog or mail to list. In general we want regular update from all
students.

And yes the irc channel is #smc-project on freenode and my irc nick is
'stultus'. I will ping you on IRC as I want to clear the misunderstanding.
:)

--
---
Regards,