[Student-projects] Information related to SILPA Project ideas

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 07:43:23 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Consider this as reply to all whom are interested in SILPA Project ideas
[1]. We have been receiving may students application saying that they
are interested and what they have to do and replying each individual
applications is not possible for us. So here is single reply for all.

1. I'm interested in SILPA project ideas what I should do?

   Glad to know, first thing is to clone code read the code try to
   deploy it and read the documentation [2] if you face problem try to
   ask us on IRC or here on this list or SILPA mailing list [3]

2. I've set up the SILPA locally and read the code, now what?

   Good now try to read tasks we have mentioned under ideas list, try to
   see which module we are talking about and understand the code. Show
   us Proof of concepts and what you worked on propose your own
   improvements to code.

Generally we get following question on IRC

1. I saw several ideas for SILPA project but now I see it has been
   clubbed into single one. So is it single idea now or multiple?

   Its now clubbed as single idea because we felt individual ideas are
   pretty simple to implement so we made them into single. So now
   collective ideas are together called *SILPA improvements*. There is
   Varnam and other Javscript Android SDK ideas they are still
   independent ideas.

If you still have doubts and question feel free to reply to this mail.

[1] http://wiki.smc.org.in/SoC/2014/Project_ideas#SILPA_Project_Based
[2] http://silpa.readthedocs.org
[3] silpa-discuss at nongnu.org

Happy Hacking!
--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja at samsargika.copyninja.info
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E