[Student-projects] GSoC 2014 Project - Language filter for Diaspora

Ershad K ershad92 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:06:55 PDT 2014

Hi Karthik,

Project is to implement a language filter to filter the posts in the feed
based on the language.

You may find the diaspora code base in github[1]. How do you think we
should go about this project? Do write to us, good luck.

[1] https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM, karthik senthil <
karthik.senthil94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I'm Karthik.S pursuing B.Tech(Information Technology) from National
> Institute of Technology,Karnataka,India.
>
> I am primarily a Ruby on Rails based web developer and have an
> experience of about 8 months in the same. I have also worked with a
> start-up in the winter of 2013 to develop a RoR based application.
>
> I am avid fan of open source development and very much interested in
> contributing to the same.
>
> Hence, I'm interested in working on this particular RoR based project-
> Language filter for diaspora.
>
> I would like to have some details regarding this project and the
> codebase that will be used to work on, so that I can get familiar with
> the repository before contributing to the same.
>
> Looking forward to work with SCM this summer :)
>
> Thanking You
> Karthik.S
> 2nd Year,B.Tech(I.T.)
> NITK,Surathkal