[Student-projects] Regarding GSoc 2014

Ershad K ershad92 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:55:50 PDT 2014

Hi Deepak,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Deepak kumar <
deepak.kumar.ece11 at itbhu.ac.in> wrote:

> Only the data corresponding to field is of variable length. Control fields
> are of fixed length. Isn't it?

Not exactly, I'm not sure how you would parse fields, tags, indicators and
values this way. Have you gone through the MARC21 tutorial I mentioned?

Please see if you can find some library to parse MARC21 and come up with an
example which parses a valid MARC21 record.

--
Regards,
Ershad K