[Student-projects] GSoC 2014 Project - Language filter for Diaspora

karthik senthil karthik.senthil94 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:16:50 PDT 2014

Hey Ershad,

I have checked the act-as-taggable-on gem and the Diaspora codebase to
consider the following implementation:

1) Add the the languages tag to the post model( acts_as_taggable :language)
2) When post is submitted, use this
gem(https://github.com/nashby/wtf_lang) to auto-identify the language
and add it to the language_list.
3) Performing queries on the posts model can be done through the
languages tag(filtering).

An important point here is that, if the taggable gem is used, then
there is no need for a language model or ActiveRelations.
Please consider the same and suggest if this approach meets all requirements.

Thank You
Karthik.S