[Student-projects] Changes to the application template (wiki page not required any more)

Akshay S Dinesh asdofindia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:34:10 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

The summer of code application process is improving every year and this
time there is the ability to submit draft proposals and get feedback on the
summer of code website itself.

Previously we wanted every GSoC applicant to create a wiki page on
wiki.smc.org.in with the draft of their proposal. Now we can get rid of
this requirement.

Students can now submit their drafts on the summer of code websites to get
feedback.

Further, once selected, you can use the Indic Project discourse (
discourse.indicproject.org) to introduce your proposal and to post updates
about the same.

Read these changes and more at
http://wiki.smc.org.in/GSoC/2016/application-template

Stay tuned to this mailing list for further updates. Feel free to reply to
this mail if you have any questions.

Akshay,
Community Manager for GSoC 2016,
SMC