[Student-projects] Query about libindic

Yash Modi modiyash3393 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:20:08 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm Yash Modi, 3rd year student at NIT Surat. I'm comfortable in C/C++,
Python, Java and JavaScript.

I'm interested in ideas listed under libindic projects namely,

1. Improving Transliteration module.
2. The ReST API for libindic.
3. WebFont extension for libindic.
4. Porting Vernam to Python and Integrating it with libindic.

There is idea of transliteration from English to IPA. There is a doubt
related it.

As English is not phonetic language, It cannot be directly transliterated
to IPA.

Here are some my suggestions.
1. Using external sources.
2. Machine Learning
3. Using existing CMUSphinx module by mapping IPA alphabet.

Can you suggest particular method to implement that? Looking forward for
reply thank you.