[smc-discuss] Re: ടക്സ് ടൈപ്പില്‍ മലയാളം - സംശയം

Sreyas k.sreyas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 05:25:05 PST 2008

On Dec 31, 4:53 am, "Praveen A" <prav... at gmail.com> wrote:
> 30 December 2008 12:17 PM നു, MOBIN M <mobs... at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
>
> > Tuxtype package is bundled with necessary fonts. This is to keep consistent
> > appearance of glyphs even if we run in any platform. So the error mayn't
>
> I don't think that is a good approach. We should just let the system
> pick any font it has got.

Actually we had a discussion about this in the mailing list. The
developers had mentioned that it should take the font provided in the
package, rather than the font provided by the system. We actually had
used the font provided by the system in the 2007 SOC release of
tuxtype. This was removed during the SOC 2008 part, and tuxtype was
made to use the font provided in the package. I think that it should
first check the font in the package and then check for the system
provided font. I will try to add this feature as soon as i can.

> > related with fonts. Can you please tell me which version of tuxtype you have
> > tried and what error you got at  the terminal ?
>
> It is related to fonts. After I linked Rachana_04.ttf to
> Rachana_w01.ttf it started working.
>
> > Santhosh, for you in debian lenny, it should work. Doesn't it work fine?
>
> But I'm not able to type anything :-( I did change the keyboard layout
> both with KDE switcher as well as setxkbmap.
>
> It should set it automatically rather than the users having to set it manually.
>
> The version is 1.5.17
>
> - Praveen

And about the Could not find glyph for Unicode char 'N', value = 78 ,
I think this was corrected in the repository. I will look into it. If
anyone can check my branch, I think this bug was fixed in that.

Regards,
Sreyas