Re: [smc-discuss] Re: ടക്സ് ടൈപ്പില്‍ മലയാളം - സംശയം

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:53:17 PST 2008

30 December 2008 12:17 PM നു, MOBIN M <mobstux at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
> Tuxtype package is bundled with necessary fonts. This is to keep consistent
> appearance of glyphs even if we run in any platform. So the error mayn't

I don't think that is a good approach. We should just let the system
pick any font it has got.

> related with fonts. Can you please tell me which version of tuxtype you have
> tried and what error you got at  the terminal ?

It is related to fonts. After I linked Rachana_04.ttf to
Rachana_w01.ttf it started working.
> Santhosh, for you in debian lenny, it should work. Doesn't it work fine?

But I'm not able to type anything :-( I did change the keyboard layout
both with KDE switcher as well as setxkbmap.

It should set it automatically rather than the users having to set it manually.

The version is 1.5.17

- Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍