[smc-discuss] Sahana Malayalam localisation

Harivishnu VN harivishnu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:56:27 PST 2008

Hi all

Sahana is a Free and Open Source Disaster Management system. It is a web
based collaboration tool that addresses the common coordination problems
during a disaster from finding missing people, managing aid, managing
volunteers, tracking camps effectively between Government groups, the civil
society (NGOs) and the victims themselves.

 Sahana has proved quite useful in many instances of natural calamities,
etc, and has also won the Free Software Foundation's award for Social
Benefit. It also had 9 projects at this times GSocs 08.

Sahana requires Malayalam translation, and we have stepped forward to do it.
Anyone who is interested, may read more about Sahana at
http://translate.sahana.lk/ml/sahana062/

I thought we can continue with Sahana localisation after the KDE deadline in
January. Then after that, anyone who is interested may announce and take a
po-file from
http://translate.sahana.lk/ml/sahana062/index.html?editing=1

and send to me when done.

By the way, I have taken sahana-1.po, so anybody wishing to help may start
off with 2 onwards.

If you wish, you may also join the mailing list at  :

Thanks all
Hari