[ilug-tvm] Re: Animation for fsfs.in

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 04:53:26 PST 2008

2008/12/6 ranjithsajeev <ranjith.sajeev at gmail.com>:
> Take extra care about audios and videos in the stalls. i think those may not
> be ogg .
> is that necessary that all the contents must be in open source format.
> the big buck binniy is available in avi
>
> so ?

AVI is just the container, it can contain different codecs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVI

And Big Buck Bunny is available in different formats
http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

I think if the MOV is using H.264 encoder we should be fine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264

> anyway we can avoid wmv and wma

If he is using a MAC there is a theora encoder
http://v2v.cc/~j/SimpleTheoraEncoder/
 For Windows http://www.theora.org/faq/#42
mencoder can be used to convert to theora
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)