[smc-discuss] Re: [ILUG-Cochin.org] FSF India sends letter to Education Minister of Kerala

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:58:15 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:27 +0530, Manu S Madhav wrote:
> Mr. Sasi,
>
> I wasn't intenting to criticize the Govt, which has surely done
> wonderful things to promote free software. I was merely remarking that
> the system is not perfect, and that the IT policy should be followed
> in computerization of all state departments.

The system is never perfect, and those who have been using M$ software
and are not interested to learn something new are going to place hurdles
wherever they can. And there are agencies that will develop software
only on proprietary platforms. We need to keep constant vigil and take
up each case of policy violation with the government.

> Good things take time, especially when bureaucracy is involved. Hope
> Dr. Nagarjuna's letter effects a change.

Rather than good things, I would say change of any sort takes time.
Somehow our lethargy is huge. Maybe this is the case with any society, I
don't know.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com