[smc-discuss] Re: [ILUG-Cochin.org] FSF India sends letter to Education Minister of Kerala

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:24:41 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:46 +0530, Manu S Madhav wrote:
> Double standards are surely there when it comes to Kerala Govt's IT
> policy. I recently noticed Windows being used at Registration
> offices.. all the document scanning and database mgmt was being done
> on M$.

Let us not jump to criticize the government. After all, migrating all
the machines and retraining the staff is not a joke. It is bound to take
time before all offices start using Free Software. I would say, "Let us
be happy that the government of Kerala is the first state government to
boot out M$ and decide to make GNU/Linux its preferred OS, and let us
give them some time to get the work done." The opposition from the
bureaucracy is imaginable--another hurdle they have to overcome. And let
us not be over-critical and help the proprietary crowd.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com