[smc-discuss] Re: [KDE] KDE Translation review

Ani Peter peter.ani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 07:09:33 PDT 2008

Dear Anoop,

Welcome to SMC. Glad to hear that you would like to contribute for KDE
translation.

Please find below the guidelines for the KDE Malayalam Translation Project.

1. Visit http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ml and if you wish
to have your name included in the list here, fill up the participate
form that is available in here.

2. Currently, our aim is to get Malayalam included for the coming
release and the condition required to be fulfilled is to have the
essential packages get translated.
Please have a look at
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/essential/ . You can find the
required percentage status for the essential packages on the first row
of the statistics box. Hence, I would advise you to pick up files from
kdebase and kdelibs.
Clicking on "Malayalam" on the page for essential packages, you will be
directed to the KDE packages required to be translated to Malayalam.
Click on kdebase/kdelibs and pick up any untranslated pot file. ie,
right click on the pot file you need to work and save them as .po file
and start translating them. 'msgid' are the original strings in english
for translation, you need to translate to malayalam them under "msgstr".

3. Once you are done with the translation, send them to the list for
review, which will be committed by Praveen after required corrections
and changes are included.
Also, you may review the files and send suggestions for the translated
files sent to the list  by other contributors. Feel free to do that.

NOTE:
If you translate/review a po file make sure you make respective changes
accordingly in the po header as well as the po file.
ie, (a) Add you name and email id as translator in the po header. If its
just review, then add your details as reviewed by. If already there is
any name present as translator or reviewed by then do not remove them,
instead put coma and enter your details. You may have a look on any
completed file if you have any doubts or feel free to ask questions in
the list.

(b) In the po file, there is an entry "your name", "your email". Here
also, please enter your details as suggested above.

Please ask if questions.

Best regards
Ani

> Re: [smc-discuss] Re: [KDE] KDE Translation review
> From:
> Anoop <anoop.ind at gmail.com>
> Date:
> Sat, 5 Jul 2008 19:06:55 +0530
> To:
> smc-discuss at googlegroups.com
>
> To:
> smc-discuss at googlegroups.com
>

> All,
>  I would like to contribute on malayalam translation of KDE. I am
> using Ubuntu 8.04 on my computer. Please guide me how to start the
> translation. Where can i download the source and all details.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Anoop
>
> 2008/7/5 Santhosh Thottingal <santhosh00 at gmail.com
> <mailto:santhosh00 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 7/5/08, smithabalraj <smitha.br <http://smitha.br>@gmail.com
>     <http://gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hai list,
>     >
>     >    My first translation file is attached. Please review it and
>     let me know
>     > how to improve my further translations
>     സ്മിത,
>     കെ.ഡി.ഇ പ്രാദേശികവത്കരണത്തില്‍ പങ്കെടുക്കുന്നതിനു് അഭിനന്ദനങ്ങള്‍ നന്ദി,
>     സ്മിത ഇപ്പോള്‍ ഒരു കെ.ഡി.ഇ  Contributor ആണു്. You can add it to your
>     resume. :)
>
>     ആദ്യമായി ചെയ്യുന്നതുകൊണ്ടു് കുറച്ചു പ്രശ്നങ്ങള്‍ ഉണ്ടു്.
>     താഴെപ്പറയുന്നവ ഒന്നു ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക
>     1. .pot ഫയല്‍ template ആണു്. അതു് download ചെയ്തു് .po ആയി സേവ് ചെയ്യുക
>     2. Language team SMC ആണു്. അതു് തലെക്കെട്ടില്‍ തിരുത്തണം. ഞാന്‍
>     തിരുത്തിയ ഫയല്‍ ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക
>     3. ഒരിക്കലും msgid മാറ്റരുതു്. അതാണു് പ്രോഗ്രാമുകള്‍ തര്‍ജ്ജമകള്‍
>     കണ്ടു പിടിക്കാന്‍ ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന കീ. സ്മിത അയച്ച ഫയലില്‍ പലയിടത്തും
>     msgstr നു പകരം msgid ആണു് മാറ്റിയിരിക്കുന്നതു്. ഒറിജിനല്‍ ഫയല്‍ ഒന്നു
>     കൂടി ഡൌണ്‍ലോഡ് ചെയ്തു് അത്തരം msgid കള്‍ തിരുത്തി, തര്‍ജ്ജമകള്‍ msgstr
>     ലേയ്ക്കു മാറ്റുക.
>     4.സംവൃതോകാരം ഉപയോഗിക്കുക. പേര്==>പേരു്
>     5. Your Names, Your Emails എന്നിവയ്ക്ക് സ്മിതയുടെ പേരും ഈമെയിലും ആണു്
>     കൊടുക്കേണ്ടതു്. ഇതു് സ്മിതയുടെ സംഭാവനയ്ക്കുള്ള പ്രതിഫലമാണു്.
>     Blinken->Help->About എന്ന ജാലകത്തില്‍ സ്മിതയുടെ പേരും ഈമെയിലും
>     വരുവാനുള്ളതാണിതു്.
>
>     മൂന്നാമതു് പറഞ്ഞൊതൊഴികെ എല്ലാം ഞാന്‍ തിരുത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ടു്.  സ്മിത അയച്ച
>     ഫയലും ഇതും തമ്മില്‍ താരതമ്യം ചെയ്യുക. msgid restore ചെയ്തു്
>     തര്‍ജ്ജമകള്‍ msgstr ലേക്കു മാറ്റി ഒന്നുകൂടി അയച്ചാല്‍ സംഗതി ഓകെ.
>     അതുകഴിഞ്ഞാല്‍ ചെയ്യേണ്ട പ്രധാനപ്പെട്ട  സംഗതികള്‍ ഇതാണു്
>     a) Get a savannah id from savannah.gnu.org
>     <http://savannah.gnu.org> and apply for a membership
>     in http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/smc
>     b) This is very important:- Take another file and start :)
>
>     -santhosh
>
>     >

> --
> With Regards,
> Anoop
> anoop.ind at gmail.com <mailto:anoop.ind at gmail.com>

സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
പിരിഞ്ഞു പോകാന്‍: smc-discuss-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com