[smc-discuss] Re: [gnome] Gnome 2.24 Malayalam

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:05:35 PDT 2008

24 July 2008 5:28 PM നു, Ani Peter <peter.ani at gmail.com> എഴുതി:

> Here goes my idea for the review squad:
>
> 1. Review squad can also follow the system of using a  table similar to
> what we maintain for the translators.
> 2. Referring to that table  pick up a 100% completed file from the
> status page (as gnome status page is properly maintained, there will not
> be any issue). Mention the name of the reviewer and the file that was
> taken in the wiki.
> 3. Once reviewed thoroughly send it to the list for committing and make
> changes in wiki accordingly.
> 4. Now the reviewer can go ahead choosing another 100% completed file
> which has no owners and go on.
>
> I think this review squad can now take care of one round of such a
> review. of po files in the editor itself.  The reviewers can refer the
> glossary so that we have a standardized form of translations
>
> We can have another review of the applications on the screen after the
> release and this review can be considered as the second phase.
>
> What do all think??

The idea is good, but it is too complex for a wiki to handle. But for
the moment lets do it and see how difficult it gets. How about adding
a workflow functionality when we have our site ready? automate all
these manual steps. Any php coders wanna try this on drupal?

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)