[Ilugc] Forget about MS , work towards a better GNU/Linux( was [FSUG-Bangalore] Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 2008)

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Sun Nov 16 17:10:48 PST 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 12:50:22 am satish wrote:
> I still wonder why people look upto windows for functionality use cases
> when contributing to OSS projects ?? this one thing still puzzles me !!

some years ago I used to keep track of the top 10 downloads from sourcrforge -
and used to find that nearly all of them were windows specific software! It
is actually the windows users who are desperate for free software - linux
users are not, because they already have it.

I wonder what boycott novell people have to say about Novell's contribution to
gnome and to opensuse?

--
regards
KG