[Issue N240751] Promised patches for Malayalam not included in 4.5 beta1

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 02:30:37 PST 2009

2009/2/19  <qt-bugs at trolltech.com>:
> On Thursday, 19. Feb 2009 02:51 Praveen A wrote:

> http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=205719

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Thank you for your inquiry.  I spoke with the developer and this bug
>> > is
>> > still planed to be fixed in the 4.5.0 release.  It hasn't been fixed
>> > yet so it didn't go into the beta.  Task tracker will be updated
>> > when
>> > the fix has been added.
>>
>> I'm confused now. I still can't see this in rc (I use qt-copy from
>> kde). How is anyone supposed to test it if it is not included in any
>> pre-releases?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > --
>> > Andy Nichols
>> > Support Engineer
>> > Nokia, Qt Software
>> >

>> --
>> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
>> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
>> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
>> (as seen on /.)
>> Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
>> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign
>>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, despite the fact that it is supposed to be fixed by 4.5.0 it seems
> unlikely that it will since it's past the RC release and it still not
> added.  Developers are not added any more features right now to 4.5.0,
> so you will have to wait until at least 4.5.1 most likely.  Sorry about
> this, I will have the developer update the status of this bug to
> reflect this on the task tracker.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Andy Nichols
> Support Engineer
> Nokia, Qt Software

Andy,

But it is a fix for something that is broke - has been broke for a
long time - and not a new feature. Can I talk to the developer
directly?

At the same time as we submitted this patch to qt, we also submitted
patched to pango and icu. Both of them already include this fix. It is
really a lame excuse from qt folks.

You would rather keep it broken? It is not a new feature, and
definitely not asking so late in the process.

Rahul, Pradeepto,

Do you know anyone working on qt rendering part? Or can this be
integrated to harfbuzz directly? AFAIK, the way to use harfbuzz is to
have a copy, and this patch is for the copy used in qt.

- Praveen