[Issue N240751] Promised patches for Malayalam not included in 4.5 beta1

qt-bugs at trolltech.com qt-bugs at trolltech.com
Mon Feb 23 05:42:50 PST 2009

http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=205719

> >> I'm confused now. I still can't see this in rc (I use qt-copy from
> >> kde). How is anyone supposed to test it if it is not included in
> >> any
> >> pre-releases?

> >> --
> >> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> >> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
> >> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
> >> (as seen on /.)
> >> Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
> >> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, despite the fact that it is supposed to be fixed by 4.5.0 it
> > seems
> > unlikely that it will since it's past the RC release and it still
> > not
> > added.  Developers are not added any more features right now to
> > 4.5.0,
> > so you will have to wait until at least 4.5.1 most likely.  Sorry
> > about
> > this, I will have the developer update the status of this bug to
> > reflect this on the task tracker.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Andy Nichols
> > Support Engineer
> > Nokia, Qt Software
> >

> Andy,
>
> But it is a fix for something that is broke - has been broke for a
> long time - and not a new feature. Can I talk to the developer
> directly?
>
> At the same time as we submitted this patch to qt, we also submitted
> patched to pango and icu. Both of them already include this fix. It is
> really a lame excuse from qt folks.
>
> You would rather keep it broken? It is not a new feature, and
> definitely not asking so late in the process.
>
> Rahul, Pradeepto,
>
> Do you know anyone working on qt rendering part? Or can this be
> integrated to harfbuzz directly? AFAIK, the way to use harfbuzz is to
> have a copy, and this patch is for the copy used in qt.
>
> - Praveen
>
> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
> (as seen on /.)
> Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign

Hi Praveen,

Again I am sorry that this hasn't been taken care of yet.  As you can
see on the task tracker the developers have decided that this is a
priority 2 bug and time won't be spent fixing it until all of the
priority 1 bugs are fixed.  I have reminded the particular developer
assigned your bug that there is a patch and it should be and easy fix.
Even so the graphics team developers are very busy with priority 1
tasks so there is still the possibility that it might not be fixed in
time for 4.5.0. I hope you can understand this process.

All Emails sent regarding this issue are attached to the bug report in
our internal tracker, so the developer is aware of your concerns
through this thread as well.

Regards
--
Andy Nichols